Thai Pork Chop Crackers with Chili-Lime Mayonnaise
These little bites went over well at my Valentine’s farewell dinner with our friends, Alicia and Bruce, who are moving soon. Thinly sliced pieces of pork chop topped with a sweet and hot mayonnaise sauce arranged on a Carr peppery cracker, then garnished with cilantro and a Vietnamese or Thai pepper were the perfect introduction to our party. Here’s how I made them.
Thai Pork Chop Crackers with Chili Lime Mayonnaise
- 1 package of 4 thin boneless pork chops (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- a splash of grapeseed or olive oil to put in skillet
- about 24 Carr Table Wafter Crackers with Black Pepper
Chili Lime Mayonnaise
- juice from 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese or Thai chilis, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Mix dry rub together then run on each sides of the pork chops. Heat skillet on medium high, then add splash of oil, then heat 1 more minute. Cook pork chops for a few minutes on each side until no longer pink. Set aside while making prepping the mayonnaise and garnishes.
Stir the mayonnaise ingredients together to blend well. Slice pork chops into thin strips. Arrange crackers on platter, then put evenly distribute the pork slices on top of each cracker. Spoon a small amount of mayonnaise mixture on each, then finish off with a cilantro leaf and a sliced pepper.
Source: Pickled Plum